Fall Entry – Fast Track Counseling Program (2-years. straight through)
- Home ›
- Masters Degree Overview ›
- M.A. in Counseling ›
- Counseling Program Plan Options ›
- Fall Entry – Fast Track Counseling Program (2-years. straight through)
For those who want to be on the fast-track and complete in 2 years:
- This option allows you to complete the program in 2 years, attending eight quarters straight.
- However, Federal Direct student loans do not cover tuition costs,
- which requires significant additional funding (scholarships, savings, gift or loan from family member, etc.) to cover tuition and living expenses.
- This plan is designed for students to study full-time and not work outside of the program.
Most students who are enrolled full-time qualify for $20,500 (less the origination fee) in Federal Direct Student Loans each academic year, less if enrolled part or three-quarter time. With this plan, Federal Direct Student Loans do not cover the cost of tuition* and fees.
- Year 1: 50 quarter units at 2016-17 rate of $540 per quarter unit = $27,000 + $500 fees = $27,500
- Year 2*: 41 units at 2016-17 rate of $540 per quarter unit = $22,140 + $500 fees = $22,640
If the tuition and fees owed in a year exceed the amount of student loans available, additional funds from scholarships, savings, work income, gift or loan from family are needed. Tuition due at registration. Payment plans are available to assist you.
Additional costs (living expenses, books, personal therapy requirement, travel expenses, etc.) are not included in the above calculations but are estimated in the Cost of Attendance.
* Please note that tuition and fees typically increase each fall. These numbers are used to provide an example of anticipated tuition and fees, but they will change annually.Next Plan | Counseling Planner Options
Part One Courses
|Psychology of Altruism||2|
|Applied Theories of Human Development||4|
|Counseling Theory and Practice||4|
|Psychology of Consciousness I: Ontology||5|
|Addiction Assessment and Treatment||4|
|Psychology of Consciousness II: Paradigm Shifts and Change Agents||5|
|Multicultural Perspectives in Counseling with Diverse Populations||4|
|Total the Year||50|
Part Two Courses
|Practicum 1: Counseling with Individuals||4|
|Assessment in Counseling||4|
|Professional Ethics in Counseling||4|
|Practicum 2: Counseling with Groups and Systems||4|
|Career and Life Development||4|
|Theory and Practice of Family Counseling||4|
|Advanced Counseling Skills||3|
|Professional Seminar in Counseling: Professional Identity Development||2|
|Professional Seminar in Counseling: Professional Orientation||2|
|Total for the Year||41|
Note: In Option 2 Planner, students may choose to change Part Two to part-time and take six quarters rather than four quarters in the final year.Next Plan | Counseling Planner Options | back to Program Description