- Home ›
- Career Services
SWC’s Career Services office supports students and alumni in exploring career pathways that honor their entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to personal and professional growth.
We partner with community resources to provide:
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Interviewing Skills
- Internship Exploration and Placement
- Job Search Strategy
- State licensing consults (licensure information by state)
We offer a variety of free workshops throughout the year including:
- Career Pathways Alumni Panels focused on topics such as:
- Community Agency Work
- Geriatric, Alzheimer’s and Hospice Work
- Private Practice
- The Mystery and Madness of Licensing
- Internship Basics – understanding SWC’s internship experience
- The Entrepreneurial Therapist: Using your Degree and Skills in Non-traditional ways
SWC Alumni are change makers. They bring their passion for transformation and healing wherever they work to create satisfying, meaningful and sustainable careers. You can read about their career adventures in our blog series.
SWC alumni are licensed in 47 states and serve individuals, couples and families in rural and urban communities in the United States and overseas.
SWC Alumni work in all sectors of the profession including:
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- Addiction treatment
- Community art centers
- Crisis treatment centers
- Federally funded behavioral health clinics
- Hospitals and health care clinics
- Non-profit agencies
- Private practice
- Public and private schools
- US Military
- With a variety of populations including:
- Adults, couples and families
- Children and adolescents
- Children and adults with developmental disabilities
- Children and adults on the Autism spectrum
- Tribal communities on pueblos and Indian reservations
We encourage students and alumni to get involved with local and national professional associations by attending events, conferences and submitting presentations. Ongoing professional development is critical in the helping professions and allows for networking and mentorship opportunities.
- American Art Therapy Association (AATA)
- New Mexico Art Therapy Association (NMATA)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
For more information about SWC’s Career Services, please contact: Lily Gutierrez, M.A.
To download an informational flyer about our Career Services, click here.
(505) 467-6603 or email@example.com