- Home ›
- Career Services
Southwestern College’s Career Services office supports students and alumni in exploring career pathways that honor their entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to personal
and professional growth.
We partner with community resources to provide:
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Interviewing Skills
- Internship Exploration and Placement for M.A. Students
- Job Search Strategy
- State licensing consults for Students/Grads wanting clinical credential: (licensure information by state)
We offer free workshops throughout the year including:
- The Mystery and Madness of Licensing
- Internship Basics – understanding SWC’s internship experience for M.A. Art Therapy and Counseling students.
SWC Alumni are change makers. They bring their passion for transformation and healing wherever they work to create satisfying, meaningful and sustainable careers. You can read about their career adventures in our blog series.
Our M.A. Counseling and Art Therapy/Counseling SWC alumni are licensed in 47 states and serve individuals, couples and families in rural and urban communities in the United States and overseas.
SWC Alumni work in all sectors including:
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- Addiction treatment
- Community art centers
- Crisis treatment centers
- Federally funded behavioral health clinics
- Hospitals and health care clinics
- Non-profit agencies
- Private practice
- Public and private schools
- Private industry as leaders and change agents
- Non profits for social justice, educational, community innovation
- U.S. Military
- With a variety of populations including:
- Adults, couples and families
- Children and adolescents
- Children and adults with developmental disabilities
- Children and adults on the Autism spectrum
- Tribal communities on pueblos and Indian reservations
We encourage M.A. clinical students and alumni to get involved with local and national professional associations by attending events, conferences and submitting presentations. Ongoing professional development is critical in the helping professions and allows for networking and mentorship opportunities.
- American Art Therapy Association (AATA)
- New Mexico Art Therapy Association (NMATA)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
For more information about SWC’s Career Services, please call Nina Gonzales at (505) 467-6603 or email email@example.com