Southwestern College (SWC) is a small, consciousness-centered graduate school located in Santa Fe, New Mexico offering Master’s degree programs in Counseling and Art Therapy/Counseling with an enrollment of approximately 175 students.
Current job opportunities are listed here. The details link for each position provides specific application instructions. Check back often.
Chief Academic Officer/Dean of the College
Southwestern College is seeking applicants to serve as the Chief Academic Officer/Dean of the College in a highly collaborative partnership-based leadership role overseeing graduate programs and student services for our consciousness-based curriculum. The full position description is attached HERE
Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae, including the names and contact information for three references, and a cover letter to President Ann Filemyr by Friday, March 1. Please email to email@example.com
The Dean of the College oversees all academic programs and student services in a student-centered team leadership environment. The Dean serves as the Chief Academic Officer and oversees the faculty and curriculum for all graduate degrees offered at the College. The Dean upholds excellence in the academic programs and promotes a developmental model of student success. The Dean oversees learning outcomes assessment and accreditation activities of student services and the academic programs. The Dean must be able to embody and express the mission, vision and values of the College.
- Terminal degree, either a PhD or EdD
- Experienced classroom teacher familiar with transformational and experiential learning methods who is able to make a contribution in our graduate curriculum.
- Able to provide leadership in student learning outcomes assessment and accreditation processes.
- Demonstrates team leadership, including excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Well-organized, capable of multi-tasking.
- Service-oriented, values-based and highly self-motivated.
- Minimum of three years in a higher education institution at the department or dean level.
- Eligible for licensure in the State of New Mexico in Counseling, Art Therapy, Psychology or a related field.
Adjunct Faculty for MA in Counseling Program
Southwestern College is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. We offer a holistic, integrative approach to mental health, emphasizing experiential learning and the personal growth and consciousness of the student/therapist.
To view our courses, click here.
Adjunct Faculty for MA in Art Therapy/Counseling Program
Southwestern College’s MA in Art Therapy/Counseling is approved by the American Art Therapy Association. It includes a lot of art-making, an experiential and holistic focus, and an emphasis on the personal growth and consciousness of the student/therapist. Our program allows graduates to sit for licensing in both Art Therapy and Counseling (this is unlike most Art Therapy programs.)
Please note that some Art Therapy/Counseling courses require instructors to have an ATR-BC, as required by AATA.
To view our courses, click here.
For more information, or to communicate your interest, please contact Dr. Ann Filemyr, Vice President of Academic Affairs & Dean, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to include your resume and any specific interests you might have in courses.