Other Health Related Information
- Home ›
- Other Health Related Information
Coronavirus Health Information
Symptoms: Fever, cough, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
For the majority of confirmed cases, symptoms have been mild and resolved after several days.
In New Mexico call the coronavirus hotline at 1-855-600-3453. The New Mexico Department of Health website link is below with accurate and up to date information.
When to contact a health care professional:
- If you have spent time in impacted areas during the past 14 days and have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing
- If you have had recent contact with a coronavirus case and are experiencing a fever or lower respiratory symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, chest pain)
- If seeking medical care and you suspect coronavirus, call ahead and let the medical office or emergency room know about your symptoms and any recent travel.
- If you have traveled from China, the CDC now requires that you be monitored for up to 14 days. You should contact your health care provider for further guidance and recommendations.
Tips for Staying Healthy
People can protect themselves and others from the spread of illness by practicing these healthy habits:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick, especially if they are exhibiting cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Stay home if you are sick. Avoid contact with others except when seeking medical care.
- Wipe down your cell phone and eyeglasses often with alcohol wipes along with any other objects you set down and pick up, such as a water bottle.
- Contact your medical provider if you have any questions or health concerns.