- Home ›
- Refund Policy
Refund of tuition will be made to students who complete the withdrawal procedures according to the schedule below. The refund policy for financial aid borrowers differs from the school policy and is determined on a pro-rata calculation based on the last day a student attended class. A $50 drop fee will be deducted from all refunds.
Refunds are calculated based on the full amount of tuition due. If a payment plan is being used, students continue to be liable for payments on schedule for any money still due after withdrawing from a class.
Refund Schedule for 10 Weeks/Quarterly Classes
- Withdrawal prior to the first day of the quarter: 100% refund of tuition
- Withdrawal during the first week of the quarter: 90% refund of tuition
- Withdrawal during the second week of the quarter: 75% refund of tuition
- Withdrawal during the third week of the quarter: 50% refund of tuition
- Withdrawal during the fourth and fifth weeks of the quarter: 25% of refund of tuition
- Withdrawal at any time after the fifth week of the quarter: no refund
(please note: if a required graduate class begins later in the quarter, the above refund policy will be adjusted)
Refund Schedule for Weekend Classes
- Withdrawals prior to 2 weeks before the first class: 100% refund of tuition and fees
- Withdrawal prior to 72 hours before the first class: 75% refund of tuition and fees
- Withdrawal 72 or less before the first class: no refund
Refund Schedule for Independent Study
- Prior to the first day of the quarter: 75% refund of tuition and fees
- First and second week of the quarter: 50% refund of tuition and fees
- Third week of the quarter or later: no refund
Refund Policy for Financial Aid Borrowers
Regulations governing refunds of Title IV government loans require schools to refund all unearned tuition to the lender rather than the student. This will lower the amount of the borrower’s loan. Refunds of government loans are determined on a pro-rata calculation based on the date the student last attended a class. When the college’s refund policy differs from the Federal Policy, and the college is required to refund unearned tuition to the federal government, the student may be required to pay the College any tuition due based on the college’s refund policy.