SOUTHWESTERN COLLEGE GRADUATE PROGRAMS (COVID-19)
- Home ›
- SOUTHWESTERN COLLEGE GRADUATE PROGRAMS (COVID-19)
Views: 331Share this:
Southwestern College Graduate Programs
- Classes will be taught via zoom beginning the first week of the quarter, Monday, March 30. Your first class will meet via zoom during its scheduled time. Each course will have a unique zoom link. These zoom links will be located in Populi on the syllabus page, located on the right, under links, titled 1_Zoom Class Link. If you do not have adequate internet bandwidth at home, try connecting with audio only on your end. You will still be able to see your instructor. You can check your internet speed by going to https://www.speedtest.net/ . The library will be closed in accordance with the Governor’s Executive order.
- If and when the situation changes, we will inform everyone that in-person classes will resume on our campus. We expect this to happen later this quarter.
- Since we do not know when face-to-face classes will resume, please consider that you may be required to self-quarantine for two weeks if you travel out of New Mexico. We will continue to follow the Governor’s guidelines regarding self-quarantine.
- If your course has a required weekend component, your faculty will be in direct communication with you about the expectations for participation.
- During the Spring Quarter students may count their personal therapy sessions with their therapists using HIPAA compliant technology, such as tele-health or zoom. Our current policy states students may only count face-to-face sessions. We will be suspending this requirement to support social distancing. Please note on your personal therapy form whether your sessions were in person or via distance. Both will be accepted.
- Many staff will be working from home. Please allow extra time to receive responses from email inquiries. Since the K-12 public schools are closed, we are allowing parents to work from home as much as possible.
- As of today, April 23, 2020, no staff, faculty or students have been diagnosed with the virus. We write this to quell rumors and concerns that we have heard regarding this.
- We are asking staff who have traveled out of state recently to self-quarantine at home for two weeks following the protocol mandated for state employees in New Mexico.