Tierra Nueva Counseling Center (COVID-19)
- Home ›
- Tierra Nueva Counseling Center (COVID-19)
Views: 23Share this:
- The TNCC Facility will be closed to the public from 3/21-4/4. Clients and prospective clients may still contact us between 11am – 7pm Monday through Friday by calling (505) 471-8575.
- We have implemented a protocol for sanitizing surfaces, including keyboards, doorknobs, and faucets. We are asking students and therapists to help by wiping keyboards, knobs, and surfaces using a bleach solution and paper towels. Ask front desk staff for location of the bleach solution.
- The professional cleaning schedule for the entire facility has been enhanced.
- All sand play / sand tray figures have been cleaned and we are closing the rooms (#1 & #2) until further notice.
- Following the lead of Golden Willow, our grief group on Saturdays has been temporarily postponed for a month.
- All plates & glasses have been washed and are temporarily out of the building. Please use paper cups on site or bring your own mug for water / coffee.
- TNCC is in the process of implementing Telehealth services through EMR-Bear through a secured internet connection. Clients will need internet connection to log into the EMR-Bear portal.
- Clients or therapists may cancel or reschedule appointments by contacting the front desk at 505-471-8575
- We are doing what we can to maintain continuity of services during this time while doing our part to maintain public health through social distancing.
Conveying information to clients:
- There is abundant misinformation going around about COVID-19. We are asking that you maintain your scope of practice and refer clients directly to the CDC, WHO, or NM Health Department with health questions, concerns, etc. For example, please do not minimize potential risk of this virus by saying it’s, “just like the flu,” or try to offer reassurance by saying, “it will go away when it gets warmer.” In other words, should the topic come up we are asking you to stay within your scope of practice and refer clients to get accurate information from a medical professional or through our health organizations.
- Let your clients know that we are exploring options for distance counseling & telehealth and will keep them apprised of any changes as they emerge.