Campus COVID-19 Response
- Home ›
- Campus COVID-19 Response
Updated COVID-19 Response
March 23, 2020
Late this afternoon our Governor issued a new order, Stay at Home, with instructions. This order is in effect through April 10. The full text of the new order can be seen at this link:
We will comply with this order to the full extent possible for the protection of our health and the health of our community. We are asking everyone to work from home.
We will each do our part to move toward greater reliance on distant technologies to aid our communication and connection. We remain committed to serving our students and our TNCC clients. We are working together to provide online classes for our students beginning Monday, March 30. Information regarding whether or not we can offer NEI Certificate classes online is forthcoming. We are now providing telehealth/telephonic counseling services to our clients.
SWC and TNCC will respond by closing the campus and the counseling center to all staff beginning tomorrow, Tuesday, March 24 at 8 a.m. If staff have any questions or concerns about this, please contact your supervisor. Staff will be paid as usual.
All meetings, trainings, etc. that any staff are required to participate in will be conducted via zoom. The faculty zoom training will be held Wednesday night BY ZOOM ONLY. Please contact Dean of the College Virginia Padilla-Vigil with any questions: email@example.com
As classes begin March 30 we fully intend to comply with state health orders. All classes will be held via zoom. We do not know yet how long our classes will be conducted via zoom. Faculty will work closely with their students to provide a supportive learning environment in this new method. Students will be able to zoom throughout the quarter if they choose to even if we are able to return to face to face classes later this Spring. This is new for all of us, and we will be learning together how to connect, communicate and continue our commitment to transformational teaching and learning.
- The library will be closed.
- Faculty should contact Dean of the College Virginia Padilla Vigil to make arrangements for zoom coaching at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students who need assistance with zoom should contact IT Services Coordinator Seph Turnipseed, call or text: 505-710-4668 or email email@example.com.
- As a back-up to Seph or Virginia, contact Chief Technology Officer Donna Harrington, call or text: 505-514-1240 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students seeking additional support should contact Director of Student & Career Services Emilah Detoro, email@example.com or call 505-467-6603. Her office phone is forwarded to her home.
- Tierra Nueva Counseling Center employees should remain in close contact with TNCC Clinical Director Laura Lansrud-Lopez, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We know these are challenging times. We will continue to do our best to respond to email and text messages in a timely manner. Thank you for your ability to be flexible, creative and responsive. Your willingness to do what is needed at this time is so appreciated!
President Ann Filemyr
Executive Vice President Katherine Ninos
Chief Financial Officer Allison Frank
Dean of the College Virginia Padilla-Vigil
Tierra Nueva Counseling Center Clinical Director Laura Lansrud-Lopez
Director of Student & Career Services Emilah De Toro